Latino Family Institute is an Adoption, Foster Care, and Family Support agency dedicated to improving social welfare conditions leading to increased family functioning. We enrich society's foundation by advocating for and implementing culturally effective interventions that elevate the collective well-being of our families.
The Latino Family Institute seeks to advance social welfare conditions facing Spanish dominant families. Our vision for every child to have love and permanency in their family of origin. We aspire to preserve the integrity of Latin American cultures among adoptive families and to promote kinship adoptions as a preferred alternative to family integration. We envision a social environment that is sensitive to the complex needs of children in Foster Care and one that is active in reducing the vulnerabilities of such delicate families.
- Leadership- serving as an advocate for change
- Responsibility- for the collective well-being for our community
- Respect- acknowledging our diversity and honoring our uniqueness
- Commitment- to culturally relevant practices
- Collaboration- understanding the need to maximize resources
Board of Directors
- Michael Perez, LCSW
- Maria Burwell
- Carlos Ruvalcaba
Enrique Medina, Ph.D.